My Gypsy Soul and Moving
“Things in motion stay in motion.”
Our emotional, physical and spiritual balance are all related to the law of biology and physics. After being widowed, I found myself in state of change, flux and moving. In the past, I moved for very different reasons, but now my moves are physically, emotionally and spiritually all driven by forces within my control and in directions that I never anticipated. The need to change my surroundings and home were motivated by a need to heal and move forward with my life.
The First Law of Motion states, “A body at rest will remain at rest, and a body in motion will remain in motion unless it is acted upon by an external force.” This simply means that things cannot start, stop, or change direction all by themselves. It takes some force acting on them from the outside to cause such a change.
New views and perspectives allow for great positive energy and opportunities. Each new move provides a wealth of experience on what works best when moving and when it is time to hide on the closest couch and let the troops take over. Look how I match my workout clothes with my couch without thought!
As in decorating, moving and re-establishing your home has a lot to do with details.
I love the pretty details.
Some tips on things to avoid when moving:
- Don’t stress the small things! It all works out in the end
- Don’t try to do it all in a day by yourself!
- Drink plenty of water and take breaks to eat! It’s important to keep yourself hydrated and energized.
- Don’t wait until the last day to start packing!
Some tips on musts when moving:
- Call all your utility companies 2 weeks in advance to change over to your name
- Ask for help! It’s okay to give yourself permission to have many people help you move in and out! The more the merrier! You will physically feel better in the end!
- Use plastic container tubs and label them well! Stronger and easier to pick up over boxes.
- Have someone come in before the movers and add in white light bulbs, motion sensors in rooms and large storage racks! Find yourself a great handyman!
- Start packing up weeks in advance, one room at a time! Finish one room, move onto the next!
Finally, when it’s all said and done – take a day get a Mani-Pedi and regroup your energy for your new home! Light a candle and take a tub at the end of the day! Feel the energy of your new home soaking in!
Enjoy your new surroundings!