We all know that testosterone is an important hormone for men, but did you know that it offers vital health benefits for women as well?
Women need much smaller amounts of the masculine hormone, but without it, their health and well-being declines. Here is a look at the most important health benefits of testosterone for women:
1) Sexual health. A lack of necessary testosterone in women can take a toll on sexual health, specifically sexual drive and arousal. Testosterone may also help with sexual dysfunction.
2) Bone density. Low levels of testosterone can leach away strength from bones, increasing a woman’s risk for osteoporosis.
3) Weight. As women age it becomes more difficult to keep off excess weight and develop and maintain muscle mass. Testosterone can help women maintain a healthy body composition. In a 1996 study reported in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, women given low dose testosterone supplements gained more lean muscle mass and lost twice the body fat of those given a placebo.
4) Reducing menopause symptoms. Testosterone has been shown to reduce menopause symptoms in women, including vaginal dryness, urinary incontinence and hot flashes.
5) Breast and heart health. Initial studies suggest that healthy testosterone levels may improve cardiovascular health in women by dilating blood vessels and increase blood flow. Studies are also revealing that the androgen may provide protection against breast cancer, such as the 2003 study by Dimitrakakis, Zhou and Wang demonstrating testosterone’s significant limiting effect on breast cell growth.
6) Mood and well-being. Low testosterone in women can also cause more nebulous symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety and mental fogginess. Adequate testosterone levels appear to improve a woman’s mood and well-being in noticeable ways.
Why SottoPelle® Is the Top Choice for BHRT in Arizona
At SottoPelle®, our expert practitioners start with proper testing and analysis of your hormone status in addition to reviewing your medical history. If you are a good fit for our proprietary method, we can begin therapy whenever you are ready. We use low dose bioidentical hormone pellet implants to help achieve the hormonal balance so important to overall health and well-being. This safe and effective method, when properly administered, is the only BHRT proven to achieve around-the-clock physiologic hormone levels for months at a time.
Our patients frequently praise the enhanced quality of life they’re experiencing with SottoPelle® BHRT. Weight loss, improved libido and sex drive, better sleep, and greater mental acuity are just a few of the benefits patients report to us.
In fact, we are honored to say that, according to Ranking Arizona, an annual consumer publication by AZ Big Media, our patients have voted us Arizona’s #1 Hormone Therapy Clinic in 2015 & 2016.
Check us out at www.sottopelletherapy.com or give us a call at (877) 473-5538 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you as we have so many others.